Friday, January 7, 2011

Anger - 7

The anger inside me swells like a storm
It makes me contort and lose my form
It seems to take over and rule over me
I seethe inside and red is what I see.
Help me Jesus with this hate inside
I want it to end and in you abide
I want to scream and let this animal roam
I want to let it run wild and destroy what is home
Give me your peace Lord, I need it right now!
Because only you can help me since I don’t know how.
I want control over this, I know it’s not me
I know this is not how you want me to be.
I am dependent on you and in you alone
So I bow down at the feet of your noble throne
Take it Lord, I give this to you
I loosen my grip, that is all I can do
You take my unclenched hand and rip this foe away
All I had to do was kneel down, close my eyes, and pray

No comments:

Post a Comment