Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Darkness - 9


Sometimes it feels like I can't even breathe.
The walls close in and I can't help but heave.
Despair over takes me and becomes my slavemaster.
I am so fearful of any coming disaster.
I am blinded by my anger and lost in my fear,
Of what I can't see, of what isn't clear.
The darkness seems to completely swallow me whole.
Everything but You has control of my soul.
Please, Lord, please, help me find a light;
Someone to help me get through this plight.
There is no one I can't talk to, no one that will care.
This is too much for me, Lord, this just isn't fair.
Where is Your refuge, where's Your salvation?
I can't find the beauty of Your finite creation.
I am scared my Lord, frightened to the core.
I don't know if I can take this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment