This is a list I got from one of the clips from wretched radio program. Click on the link for other great studies and commentary on Christianity, doctrine and religious information.
If you are not sure that you are a true repentant Christian, sealed by the blood of Jesus and bound for Glory, then click on the link above and on the right hand side there is a clip called "Are you really a Christian?". Click there for a good spiritual shake up!
Here is the questionnaire to examine yourself if you are truly a Christian. Next to the questions is a reference verse to look up and know where they got the question they are asking.
The Bible says:
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? ~ 2 Corinthians 13:5-6
1. Do you like hanging out with Christians. (1 John 1:3) - Or do real Christians get on your nerves.
2. Do you recognize that you have an abominable heart. If anyone knew what was in your heart you would feel shame. You know that you are wretch. (1 John 1:8) - Knowledge that you are undeserving helps you rely on Jesus not on your own actions. You don't get to Heaven because you are good, you get to Heaven because you are bad and have a good Savior!
3. Do you strive to keep the ten commandments. (1 John 2:3)
4. Do you love the world? If the world would end, would you be sad? (1 John 2:15) - What identifies you? What do you enjoy more than Jesus?
5. Do you know who Jesus is? (I John 2:23)
6. Can you wait to see God? Are you anxious to be with Him in Heaven? (I John 3:2) - You are not anxious to go to Heaven because you are tired of this world, but because you are excited to be with your Savior.
7. Are you continuously sinning? It's not about perfection, but it is about direction. We should be holier than we were last year. Ask your family. Is there a difference? Is change (regeneration) happening? (I John 3:8)
8. Do we dote on our Christian brothers and sisters? (I John 3:14) - Do you help out other Christians in need?
9. Do you love to hear preaching, teaching and hearing the Word? Can you just not get enough of it!?
(I John 4:16)
10. Do you proclaim Jesus Christ? Do you do it intentionally? (I John 4:15) Do you share your faith with others? Does the fact that many people are going to Hell move you to tell others of Jesus' salvation?
How did you do? Let the Holy Spirit guide you into what you need God to help you in. Talk with your pastor or a spiritually mature Christian to walk through some struggling points with you.
Many might look at this test and say that it is legalistic or it is emphasizing salvation through works. It is not. You can tell what a tree is by its fruit. The same is with a Christian. If a Christian walks like a heathen, talks like a heathen, dresses like a heathen and is very happy being a heathen, then he's not a Christian. Jesus in Matthew 25 separates the sheep from the goats based on what they DID. James tells us that faith without works is dead. The apostles and many Christian brothers and sisters were not martyred because they did nothing, but because they were doing something!
It is true that you are not saved by works, but you are so grateful to Jesus for choosing you that you can't help but to work.