Friday, December 2, 2016

Collision - Poem


Collision

In the womb of a virgin girl, the spirit and the flesh collide
Never before has this kind of contact opened so wide
The understanding that God is now also man and abides
With His creation that can now see Him and not hide

Now He is born and the mystery is revealed
That God has shown himself and has sealed
The eternal promise to save and to heal
His betrothed from the grasp of the one who kills and steals.

And when He died and rose for his bride to save her from her sin
We experience something that has never been.
The sinner is sinless and the wrongdoer does right
The deaf can hear Him and the blind have sight;

But not the sight of physical things, but of the spiritual
We worship, learn and love without monotonous ritual
For now, it is ingrained, it is part of our nature within
To seek out the holy, and purge out our sin.

This cannot be, this could not have existed
Without God who sought out and persisted
To live a life completely obedient to every single law
Even unto  death without blemish and without flaw

So now my eyes see, but they see so much more
Because they look to a Creator who never before
Had taken on flesh to give me his Spirit
That now even my ears can hear it.

Can hear, the Spirit, the Spirit of God
As I worship with the angels and my brothers here and abroad.
As I hear His Words spoken from words written long ago,
I cannot help but to kneel and just be smitten now that I know.

Now that I know who He is and what He did and continues to do
There is no lie in Him, He is forever true.
And I cannot wait to join Him or see Him return
To go home and no longer yearn,

For something better, something more than this life I live
Something this world can never provide and never give
It sometimes makes me sick at the things I seek for pleasure
Knowing full well I am His and He is my treasure

So though there is beauty and joy for me here
I want to be with You and no longer fear
Of what may come or may not come my way
In, you and you only I want to stay.

So help me remember the reason why you left your home
Help me remember you left it, to make one for me and I’m not alone
So, as I use my heart, soul and mind to get closer and closer to you
Knowing that no matter my circumstance you will see me through

Yes, I am never alone, you are with me always
Let me share this knowledge through all the highways and byways
Enjoying what you have provided and not getting lost in the mundane
Not worried if all those around me think I’ve lost it or insane.

And when the world disappoints me, like it always tends to do,
Let me remember it was I, it was I, who forgot You
Let the things of this world grow more and more dim
As I focus on what is eternal, as I focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment